You can make your mark as Trainee if you want to learn, encounter and experience a lot in a short period of time. As Trainee you will be part of the tendering-, engineering- or operational phase of a dredging project like the landmark polder development in Pulau Tekong, in Singapore.
How you can make your mark
In the tendering- and engineering phase you will be involved as Trainee Engineer with translating client requirements to optimal economic proposals and technical designs and work methods. Or you ensure that the proposed solution is competitive and engineering is fit for purpose and completed within the given timeframe.
During the operational phase of a project you will work as Trainee Superintendent and there is a good chance that you will be flying out to work on a multidisciplinary project. Our fleet consists of around 900 vessels and pieces of machinery and in the operational phase, you work closely with these assets.
Your work location for six consecutive weeks will be on a project site after which you will have four weeks of leave.
Please click here for more information about the Boskalis Traineeship.
This is what you need to make your mark as Trainee:
- Fully completed a higher vocational education (Bachelor’s) or university (Master’s) degree in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, maritime engineering, offshore engineering, maritime officer, land and water management, electrical engineering or electromechanics.
- Recently graduated (with 0 to 2 years of relevant work experience).
- Available full-time as of the first of September 2020.
- You live in South-East Asian Region.
- Fluent in English.
- Willing to work abroad.
- Available to attend the Boskalis Selection Day in Singapore on April 2nd or 3rd.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Boskalis Traineeship: Besides your salary we offer lots of impact on megatrends and lots of growth opportunities. That’s what the Boskalis Traineeship is all about. During the 18 months of your traineeship you will be acquiring theoretical knowledge in our office in the Netherlands together with trainees selected from various countries all over the globe. Your practical training will be on different project sites in the South-East Asian region, in the Middle East or somewhere else around the world.
- Warm welcome: Your home base will be in Singapore, where you will receive a warm welcome to make sure you feel at home in the organization as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Apply online before Friday, February 7th to secure you are considered for this great opportunity. Please send your CV and personal motivation in which you indicate the following: What makes you apply for Boskalis? What makes you apply for the Boskalis Traineeship instead of a regular job?
- As of Monday, February 10th you will be informed if you made it through the next phase. In the next phase, you will be challenged with an online cognitive assessment. This will determine if you will also proceed to an online personality assessment.
- On April 2nd or 3rd, the Boskalis Selection Event will take place in Singapore. Block these dates in your agenda now!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the Boskalis Traineeship. Please contact Agnes Balogh, HR Manager at +31650006030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested? Apply online before Friday, February 7th to secure you are considered for this great opportunity. Please send your CV and personal motivation in which you indicate the following: What makes you apply for Boskalis? What makes you apply for the Boskalis Traineeship instead of a regular job?