You can make your mark as Trainee if you want to learn, encounter and experience a lot in a short period of time
How you can make your mark
As Trainee, you will be part of the tendering-, engineering- or operational phase of a dredging project like the development of the port of Duqm in Oman or an offshore energy project such as the impressive dual vessel float-over of the Aasta Hansteen.
During the tendering- and engineering phase you will act as a Trainee Engineer and translate client requirements to optimal economic proposals, technical designs, and work methods. Naturally, you will also secure that the proposed solution is competitive, engineering is fit for purpose and that it is completed within the given timeframe.
During the operational phase of a project, you will work as Trainee Superintendent and there is a good chance that you will be flying out to work on a multidisciplinary project. Our fleet consists of around 900 vessels and pieces of machinery and in the operational phase, you work closely with these assets. As Trainee Fleet Management you play an important role in the preparation of large and small repairs but you will also carry out actual repairs and assists with vessel modifications.
Your workplace depends on the project.
- If you work on an offshore energy project you will be located at our head office in Papendrecht and you maybe will spend longer consecutive periods abroad.
- If you end up working on a dredging project you will work on location for six weeks at a stretch after which you will have four weeks of leave.
As a trainee in the technical discipline, you will be exposed to assignments/ projects in both Dredging and Offshore Energy.
Please click here for more information about the Boskalis Traineeship.
This is what you need to make your mark as Trainee:
- Fully completed a higher vocational education (hbo/ bachelor) or university (wo/ master) degree in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, maritime engineering, offshore engineering, maritime officer, land and water management, electrical engineering or electromechanics.
- Recently graduated (with 0 to 2 years of relevant work experience).
- Available full-time as of the first of September 2020.
- Entitled to work in the Netherlands.
- Fluent in English.
- Willing to work abroad.
- Available to attend the Boskalis Selection Day on May 15th.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the Boskalis Traineeship. Please contact Sandra Hofstede, Senior Corporate Recruiter via +31 (0)78 696 9973.
Interested? Apply online before Monday, February 24th to secure you are considered for this great opportunity. Please send your CV and personal motivation in which you indicate the following: What makes you apply for Boskalis? What makes you apply for the Boskalis Traineeship instead of a regular job?