Would you like to contribute to a society in which everything and everyone is connected in real time? In which communication systems facilitate innovation, cooperation, freedom and solutions that know no boundaries?
Are you the talent that makes pioneering technology and services accessible to customers? If so, an ORMIT & Ericsson Business and Technology Traineeship is perfect for you!
For the ORMIT & Ericsson Business and Technology Traineeship, we are looking for driven management talent who can take the possibilities of the latest technology and match them with the needs of Ericsson's customers. You know how to exploit the commercial potential of Ericsson's high-tech innovations. You are keen to immerse yourself in the latest developments in both technology and the market. You are able to spot opportunities and respond skillfully to them by getting your colleagues and customers on board. It does not end with ideas. Together with your project team, you also ensure that they are implemented and that you meet the customer's high expectations. You are pragmatic and flexible in your approach and think in terms of opportunities and possibilities. In order to realise the challenging assignments at Ericsson and get the most out of yourself, you will undergo an intensive development program at ORMIT. This program is aimed at your professional as well as your personal development.
Ericsson is one of the most prominent companies in information and communication technology (ICT) for telecoms and service providers. Ericsson is leading this B2B market with 5G technology. In addition, it is essential to meet customer demands optimally. Services and technologies must be easy to use, adaptable and scalable. This is where outstanding talent like you comes in. At Ericsson Netherlands, you will be dedicated to making sure that telecoms operators and service providers can serve their business and their customer base and grow them in a safe manner. You will carry out three assignments, each of which will take approximately eight months. You will rotate within departments at Ericsson Netherlands: your assignments will be in a key account (Sales), Product & Software Development and Customer Projects/Digital Services. Over the course of the traineeship, the complexity and responsibility of these assignments will increase significantly. After starting out as a participant in a project group, you will advance to project leader and subsequently to complex projects in which change management plays a key role. You will take your insights and innovative ideas with you from department to department. You will also be given space to apply your creative ideas, simplify work processes and introduce new ways of working and project management.
An intensive development program!
For 2 years you will be challenged to develop your talent and leadership skills to their best. This means that, along with projects at Ericsson, you will follow an intensive development program. A program in which your development is the focus and which is designed to help you rapidly master the challenges at Ericsson. All of this has the goal of accelerating your personal growth and creating a foundation for a successful career at Ericsson. The development program consists of:
- Challenging projects at Ericsson.
- During this two year program you will take on different roles within different business units of Ericsson. Your responsibilities and projects are becoming increasingly challenging and will grow in impact, complexity and stakeholder management.
- Focus on yourself - focus on others.
- The first year of this Traineeship will focus on you. The second year will focus on collaboration and leading others. With useful feedback, out-of-the-box trainings and on-the-job practicing you will grow every day.
- Intensive education and training program.
- Consisting of subject-oriented certification courses and training days from ORMIT (around 27 days in total during two years). Develop your communication skills, stakeholder management, an extensive toolkit of project, process and change management and self-insight to excel as a young professional.
- Intervision with other ORMIT trainees.
- To learn from -and with- fellow trainees, also known as your 'pool friends'. This means straightforward feedback, honest observations and lasting friendships.
- Coaching by an ORMIT coach.
- Your coach helps you to develop to your maximum potential.
What you will be doing
Based on your background and ambitions, we will make the best possible match with challenging assignments at Ericsson. These assignments are designed to get you acquainted with the Ericsson organisation and services across the organisation and to allow you to make impact. You will complete three assignments at three different departments in the span of two years. For example, you may be asked to assume the role of Account Manager for a major telecom's operator. This will involve focusing on the short- and long-term profitability of Ericsson's business. You will come to understand the operator's business and customer needs, build up a relationship of trust and sell the desired services and technologies. As another example, you may be asked to assume the role of Customer Project Manager at Customer Projects/Digital Services. In consultation with the customer and solution architects, you will determine which services, functionalities and/or improvements are required. Based on this, you will prepare a project plan and ensure that it is successfully implemented. You will monitor the activities, deal with difficult issues and make adjustments if necessary. Meanwhile, you will maintain close contacts with the customer and all internal stakeholders. In the Product & Software Development department, a project management role can be combined with the role of Service Delivery Line Manager. In this case, you will fulfil a project management role in an international environment for the development and implementation of customer-specific product adjustments in the Digital Services Business Unit for customers (operators) on all continents. This assignment may be combined with a supporting role as a Service Delivery Manager (where you will also carry out line management tasks).
Your career at Ericsson
Ericsson is one of the most prominent companies in information and communication technology (ICT) for service providers. Approximately 40% of worldwide mobile traffic goes through Ericsson's network equipment. Ericsson enables service providers to utilise the full potential of connectivity. Ericsson unlocks the full value of connectivity by developing groundbreaking technology and services that are easy to use, implement and scale, thereby ensuring its customers' success. For over 140 years, Ericsson's ideas, technologies and people have changed the world: real turning points that have changed lives, industries and society as a whole.
Ericsson is currently in the middle of the transition to the technological network implementation of 5G. This involves amazing technical innovations. At Ericsson, you can think big and turn your ideas into reality. During this traineeship, you will be employed by ORMIT and you will have plenty of opportunities to learn, grow and make a career for yourself over the span of two years. After successfully completing the traineeship, you will be hired by Ericsson and take the next step that suits your qualities and ambitions!
Check this video for more information about Ericsson.
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for talented people who have the ambition to work in a technical-commercial environment. It is important that you have an entrepreneurial, customer-oriented attitude, that you are able to think quickly and creatively and that you can listen well. You are curious about the latest digital developments and your enthusiasm is contagious. You make contact easily, you are a team player, you are proactive and you are capable of winning other people over to your way of thinking and acting. Innovating, improving and selling gives you energy. Above all, you want to optimise your personal and professional development!
What we ask of you:
- Master's of Science degree (MSc) in a technical, digital or business administration area.
- 0 to 2 years' relevant professional experience.
- Extra-curricular activities are a plus. Examples include relevant internships or working experience, a year in a board position, your own business/project or experience abroad.
- A passion for bringing together technology and market opportunities.
- An innovative mindset and a proactive attitude.
- A pragmatic and customer-oriented approach.
- Stakeholder management (internal and towards customers).
- Excellent command of English.
- The desire to optimise your personal and professional development.
ORMIT is a specialist in talent and leadership development. We make organisations and people more successful by helping them develop fully and apply their talents. We have been doing this successfully for over 25 years! In addition, we have been rated a Great Place to Work for 13 years and we are the first CEDEO Traineeship certified organisation in the Netherlands.
What you expect from us:
- We will evaluate your CV and motivation.
- We will send you an online capacity test.
- We will invite you for two face-to-face interviews at our office.
- We will invite you to the ORMIT assessment day.
- We will welcome you to ORMIT.
Do you have any questions?
Please contact our Corporate Recruiter, Arlette van Lint, preferably via WhatsApp! +31(0)6 5705 76 72
Are you up for the challenge?
Apply now via the application button.
Agency calls are not appreciated.